Re: [Paparazzi-devel] launch GCS with -edit option using Live CD

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] launch GCS with -edit option using Live CD
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:56:31 +0100

Hi John,

the GCS installed in the system as paparazzi-gcs so you can simply launch (from any terminal) :

   paparazzi-gcs -edit

If you want to use other maps than the ones provided by Google, you have to "calibrate" them. The procedure is described in the wiki (http://www.recherche.enac.fr/paparazzi/wiki/index.php/Maps)

--Pascal

John Koches wrote:
Hello Everyone:
Still plugging away here. Today's question, how do you launch the GCS with the -edit option using the Live CD package? Is this even possible. I have developed and registered background images for the field where I intend to test the autopilot. I would like to create a simulation for that specific geography. Can I do this with the Live CD? I have ordered and received Debian and have a computer to operate Linux, but I haven't actually loaded the operating system yet. I thought I would take the Live CD package as far as I could so that I understood the limitations. We have so little experience with Linux that I am concern we will be using a lot of our time just getting a system stable. As always, thank you for all your help. jkk