Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 'COMMAND_CAM_ROLL' undeclared error with make AI R

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 'COMMAND_CAM_ROLL' undeclared error with make AI RCRAFT=myplane
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 22:07:27 GMT

John,

cam.c may be called in the bottom (makefile) section of your airframe file
under ap.src and/or sim.src but you don't need/want it.  Calling it
unnecessarily should not cause a problem however.

The airframe variables have an appended prefix according to their grouping.  In
this case, there is a COMMAND group in your airframe.xml that may contain the
variables CAM_ROLL and CAM_PITCH.  Once compiled, these become
COMMAND_CAM_ROLL, etc.  Again, you do not want/need these variables if you do
not have camera servos, and again, these should not cause a problem even if
called unnecessarily.  You can trace the chain of variables with "grep -r
CAM_ROLL *"

You may have some partially compiled files screwing things up - try cleaning
the A/C before compiling.  If that does not help I would suspect a merge error
or typo in one of your files.  If you use the provided airframe file names and
flight plan names they will be updated automatically anytime you run "cvs
update", merging any of your edits with any edits that were done by others,
often with errors flagged with ">>>>>>>>>>>".  I recommend TKCVS (apt-get
install tkcvs) for some insight into any differences between your code and the
source.

Jeremy

-- "John Koches" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone.  We have made some real good progress here at GVSU, but my
students are gone for a few weeks and I am back at this on my own.

I am trying to create a new aircraft using the same airframe, radio, and
telemetry parameters as one that I have up and running in my simulation.  The
only difference it the name, ac_id and the flight-plan.  I have created a new
flight plan with a new image that I have provided, but every time I try to use
make AIRCRAFT I get this undeclared error message for 'COMMAND_CAM_ROLL' and
'COMMAND_CAM_PITCH'.  So I replaced the flight plan with the original changing
only the name and ac_id.  I still get the errors.  I have run out of ideas for
what to try next!  Oh, and my airframe file works with the previous set up and
it has no camera in it...assuming that CAM refers to camera?

Whatever help you can give would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

jkk