Re: [Paparazzi-devel] BitScope USB Oscilloscope

From: gwen hastings
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] BitScope USB Oscilloscope
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:43:33 -0700

Hi Matt ,
was going order mine today as the design descends from a known pedrigree,, that of Steve Ciacarcias Circuit Cellar and needed it for tiny/classix integration.

   gwen
ps is it soup yet?(tiny)

Currie wrote:
Group,

Does anyone have any experience or reasons to purchase or not purchase a USB "BitScope" oscilloscope? I have been following this companies line for a few years and the specs are getting better and better. Here is a basic excerpt from one of their most basic models:

http://bitscope.com/product/BS310/

"BS310 combines a dual channel digital storage oscilloscope and 8 channel logic analyzer with an arbitrary waveform generator, real-time spectrum analyzer and data recorder in a virtually indestructable package."

    * 100 MHz Analog Bandwidth Scope.
    * 40MS/s Logic Analyzer, 25nS capture.
    * Dual Analog Channels (4 inputs via BNC & POD).
    * 8 logic/timing channels and Smart POD.
    * Arbitrary Waveform Generator.
    * Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer.
    * Mixed Signal Data Recorder.
    * Networkable (BS310N).
    * User Programmable.

These cost < $500 and harness the speeds of USB 2.0 and the storage and display capabilities of modern PCs so I cannot see a reason why I should not be buying one of these as opposed to $1,500-10,000 for its standalone equivalent.

Regards,
Matthew Currie