Re: [Paparazzi-devel] xbee up link

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] xbee up link
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 05:10:29 GMT

The Maxstream API protocol (xbee) is most useful for simultaneous control of
multiple aircraft and requires the xbee_init string to be configured and sent
to the modem at least once to program the ID number among other things.  If you
have no need for the API protocol, the best method is to just use transparent
serial (pprz) with the modems in their default configuration.  They should work
right out of the box in place of your Aerocomm modems without any configuration
changes at all.  I do recommend that you set them to a higher baud rate (56K)
and that can be done with the Maxstream software.

-- "Simon Jobin" <address@hidden> wrote:
hi,

I am trying to use the xbee and i am having some problemes with the up link.
The down link works normally but i am not able to change block in flight
plan or anything else that require an up link. It doesn't work better with
my FTDI cable, what makes me think the bug is  in my GCS session. The GCS
doesn't seem to send anything, the tx led on the modem isn't blinking. Here
is the session i am using:

     <session name="7 Xbee">
       <program name="link">
         <arg flag="-d" constant="/dev/ttyUSB0"/>
         <arg flag="-uplink" constant=""/>
         <arg flag="-transport" constant="xbee"/>
         <arg flag="-s" constant="9600"/>
         </program>
       <program name="server"/>
       <program name="messages">
         <arg flag="-c" constant="telemetry:*"/>
       </program>
       <program name="gcs">
         <arg flag="-mercator" constant=""/>
        <arg flag="-ref" constant="WGS84 53.301387 -60.429488"/>
        <arg flag="-center" constant="WGS84 53.301387 -60.429488"/>
         <arg flag="zoom" constant="0.08"/>
       </program>
     </session>

Everything steel work perfect when i use the aerocomm with an appropriate
session. If anybody have a clue what could cause that, please help me.

thanks

Simon