Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Xbee an 2.4Ghz video TX

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Xbee an 2.4Ghz video TX
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:48:40 +0200

Hi Simon,

Simon Jobin wrote:
Hi

Did someone ever succeeded using xbee as data link while transmitting video on 2.4 GHz.
We have already tried that, setting the xbee and the video transmitter on different channels (they appear clearly separated on the analyzer). It worked well up to 500m, then we lost the uplink and later the downlink. I think Martin Mueller got the same results ...
Sorry

--Pascal

Right now I have like 2 km down link and about 10m up link. I know it is possible with the Xstrem which is probably more selective. But those modem are way more heavy and expensive than the xbee and are a bit overkill for my actual needs.

Thanks in advance for your useful help.

Simon