Re: [Paparazzi-devel] BL Question

From: gwen hastings
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] BL Question
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:15:02 -0700

hi matt,

and this is why I bought motorcalc, multiplex also has the electric calc program for 25 which does the same thing essentially.

BTW I suspect that prop you were mentioning, would switch to something smaller with less pitch(think pitches of 2-3.5 and 6-7" props)

and yes the motor does unload in the air and motorcalc takes that into effect.

sigh connectors just arrived from digikey.. BUT no wire/pins from mouser yet..

    gwen

).Matthew Currie

wrote:
Group,

I purchased an AXI 2212/26 brushless outrunner motor, 3S1P 2100mAh 18C LiPo, Castle Creations Phoenix 35 ESC, APC 9x6 SF props, and a Wattmeter. From what I have read everywhere, including group-member reports this should have put me @ around 12A the max current for the motor. Instead, with the wattmeter attached I watch the current climb steadily up to 12A from 0-90% throttle then the last 10% of throttle I see the current skyrocket from 12-19A. The motor (obviously) gets quite hot at this point even for brief 5 second runs. Anyone know what is going on? A flying buddy said "dont worry about it thats static current and will get better in the air" but I want to be 110% sure before I smoke a motor. If it "gets better in the air", my argument would then be what is the point of a wattmeter? =)

Regards,
Matthew Currie