Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tuning and Auto1 full throttle

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tuning and Auto1 full throttle
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:35:58 +0200

Hi Jason,

Jason Strebe wrote:
Hi all,
I have a Tiny13 board from Matt, and every time I change from man to Auto1/Auto2 the AP goes to full throttle? I have the throttle reversed in the airframe. Any ideas on what could be the issue?
What do you read on the GCS for the throttle value ? 100% ?
Using the versatile.xml flight plan, AUTO2 mode starts in "kill mode"; so if you get throttle, it would mean that the error is in the servo configuration. The involved definitions are (froms slayer2.xml) :

PPM signal to the controller:
<servo name="THROTTLE" no="4" min="1250" neutral="1250" max="1850"/>

Law from the THROTTLE RC channel to the THROTTLE value (in MANUAL mode)
 <rc_commands>
   <set command="THROTTLE" value="@THROTTLE"/>

Law from the THROTTLE command to the THROTTLE servo (in AUTO1 and AUTO2):
 <command_laws>
    <set servo="THROTTLE" value="@THROTTLE"/>

Also on the Tuning page it says to enter the neutrals read with foam over the sensors into the airframe file. What neutrals and where do they go in the airframe file?
While the sensor is a insulated box (the "placard" test), get the values from the IR_SENSORS message. If they are not close to zero (from -5 to 5 is ok), adjust the ADC_ROLL_NEUTRAL (lateral), ADC_PITCH_NEUTRAL (longitudinal) and ADC_TOP_NEUTRAL (vertical). Note that these identifiers may be confusing: these are not neutrals on the ADCs but on the results of RollOfIrs(), PitchOfIrs() and TopOfIr() macros

One more thing, I am not using a gyro/IMU so should I remove the gyro section from the airframe file?
Yes. As well as the gyro.c file (from the makefile section)

--Pascal

Thanks,
Jason Strebe