Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: No servo output on the Classix?

From: antoine . drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: No servo output on the Classix?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:09:57 +0200

Hi Alexis

Classix are not so widespread, I only manufactured 5 of them, and on the two I
have left, I use a patched commercial rc receiver, so servo_4017 code.

I wrote the servos_direct code for Jeremy which is the only one to have used it,
in his cybereye if I recall corectly.

The problem is that the PWM pins used for servos_direct are shared with other
functions, like UARTs. I write the code so that you're able to independantly
switch any of the six PWM available to servos output - But you have to be
careful not to enable any other function that would require the same pin.

There is a list of PWM pins and shared functions in servos_direct_hw.h

/*
   wiring on classix PWM connector
connector   LPC   shared         port
PWM1        PWM5  AD1_6  CAP1_3  P0.21
PWM2        PWM3  RXD0   EINT0   P0.1
PWM3        PWM1  TXD0           P0.0
PWM4        PWM6  RXD1   EINT3   P0.9
PWM5        PWM4  TXD1   AD1_1   P0.8
PWM6        PWM2  SSEL0  EINT2   P0.7

*/

PWM1 and PWM6 should be safe. PWM4 and PWM5 should be OK if you're not using
UART1 on the FBW processor - same for PWM2 and PWM3 if you're not using UART0 (
disable FBW telemetry for that )

Your makefile section should look like this in your airframe file

fbw.CFLAGS += -DACTUATORS=\"servos_direct_hw.h\" -DPWM_SERVO_0 etc....
fbw.srcs += $(SRC_ARCH)/servos_direct_hw.c

HTH

Poine