[Paparazzi-devel] Cannot read messages from ap

From: Aniket Aranake
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Cannot read messages from ap
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:33:14 -0400

Hello all,

I am trying to read messages transmitted by the autopilot. I have been able to get demo4 to work, which transmits the cpu_time using DOWNLINK_SEND_TAKEOFF by using the following procedure:
  1. Connect the autopilot to /dev/ttyUSB0 (I use UART1)
  2. In one terminal, run the program sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link
  3. In a second terminal, run the program ivyprobe '(.*)'
  4. Open the device /dev/ttyUSB0 in a serial terminal, I use a program called cutecom for this purpose.
By doing this, I can read the cpu_time in the terminal running ivyprobe. My problem is that this does not work with a full autopilot flashed onto the board, in my case funjet1. No messages appear in ivyprobe, although huge amounts of hex data is showing up in the serial terminal. I have tried this with and without maxstream serial modems, configuring everything to 9600 BAUD. Additionally, when I try to run the "Flight address@hidden BAUD" session, the GCS is completely blank; the aircraft does not appear on the main panel and no controls/info appear in the botom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Aniket