Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Future developments of paparazzi

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Future developments of paparazzi
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:46:50 +0200

Hi,

the PPM inputs is not directly related to the servo outputs. The number of channels of the PPM input is specified in your radio configuration file (e.g 7 channels in cockpitSX.xml, 9 channels in the fc28.xml) while the servos output is specified in the airframe file (<servos> section). The related code for the Tiny 2.11 is in sw/airborne/arm7/servos_4017_hw.[ch] . You can check there that the number of channels is limited 10 : servos_4017_hw.h:15 . Eight are currently connected on the Tiny 2.11. You can try to solder wires on the two others ...

--Pascal

Antoine DURIEUX wrote:

First, I need at least 7 different outputs for my servos/ESCs, and I don’t want to use the camera-dedicated servo outputs of the Tiny 2.11. So I tried to figure out whether it would be possible to add more “conventional” servo outputs, and it seems that the CD4017BPW Decade Counter/Divider has 10 Decoded Outputs, which would allow to deal with two extra servos. But I’m not sure the code could deal with it (especially because it seems that the PPM input only allows 8 inputs – at least for now). What do you think of this problem ?

Then, I’m trying to find an inertial measurement unit that I could connect to the I2C bus, and I read on the wiki that you were working on it. What’s new there ?

Thanks by advance,

Antoine D.