Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Upload feature in setting page of GCS

From: pascal . brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Upload feature in setting page of GCS
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:01:37 +0200

Quoting John Koches <address@hidden>:

> the RC Groups Blog.  I have conducted a cupboard calibration of the
> horizontal and vertical IR sensors.  (I am not using a Gyro),  I have not
> been able to find any reference that explains how changes are uploaded from
> the GCS to the AP in flight.

 What do you mean exactly ? If you have changed your airframe file, you probably
want to re-upload the new version to the Tiny. You can also use the "Upload"
facility provided by the setting tab of the GCS
(http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/GCS#Settings).
 Or do you mean that you cannot change any value from the GCS (i.e. the value on
the left side in the setting window is not correctly updated) ?

> I noticed that the units in the IR "ROLL_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT" and "PITCH_NEUTRAL
> DEFAULT" in the airframe file are n degrees while the GCS setting tool is in
> radians.  I tried changing the ground station to degrees but see in the
> User's Manual that this is not actually an error.

 Only an historical error :-(

> Now, I can probably get
> this all going without the aircraft/GCS connection, but it will probably be
> helpful if I can adjust some of these settings in flight as intended by the
> Paparazzi developers.

 You *don't* want to fly without the uplink connection !

--Pascal