Re: [Paparazzi-devel] DiyDrones: discussion about Paparazzi and Linux

From: David Conger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] DiyDrones: discussion about Paparazzi and Linux
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:09:38 -0700

EXACTLY!!!

The best thing in my opinion Paparazzi can do is quietly continue to be the best. No need to advertise the benefits or make claims about it. Educated people who look at all the information can come to their own conclusions about it.

I truly enjoy viewing the new posts on the Wiki and being impressed with the ideas that go into Paparazzi. I would never want it to be spoiled and turned into something that was static and only the product of a single company.

Recent example is the Multi-Aircraft code being documented on the Wiki...using FAA directives to control which UAV goes up and which goes down...brilliant. I mean keep that up!!!

Learning to type a few commands in Linux is trivial to automate. The code to make the most superior autopilot is not. Keep the focus on what is truly important stuff not making it attractive to the masses.

-David Conger