Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Adding type "double" to gen_messages.ml

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Adding type "double" to gen_messages.ml
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:20:50 +0100

Hi,

I tried to clarify the code in gen_messages.ml . To add a "double" type, you will have to
- in sw/lib/ocaml/pprz.ml:
- add a case in the "value" type (line 37). The float type of OCaml actually is a double, so "Double of float" will work
  - add an entry in the "types" list (line 84)
- handle this new type in all the functions of the file (the compiler will help, issuing some warning when the "Double" case is missing)
-  in gen_messages.ml:
  - add a "8" case for the size of the value (197)

Let me know if you think it could be profitable to the community: I would do it and commit it to the CVS. By the way, did you check that double values are correctly handled by the ARM7 C library ?

--Pascal

Andre Devitt wrote:
Anyone have much experience with ocaml? I'm trying to add a type "double" to the message specification and the language is a bit non-intuitive to me.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  ANdre