[Paparazzi-devel] Procedure / Conventions for contributions to PPRZ ques

From: Andre Devitt
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Procedure / Conventions for contributions to PPRZ question
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:30:46 -0500

Hi-
        I've written some code that I think would be useful to the pprz
community and would like to contribute it to the codebase in CVS. What
is the procedure for doing this and are there any
standards/conventions/etiquette I should observe?

        I will be writing some more code in the future and would like to get in
the habit of contributing what I'm working on.

   So far what I'd written and would like to contribute:

* MIDG II INS driver. I just based this on the internal GPS driver and
it mostly boiled down to changing the case statements to match the MIDG
protocol

* Modifications to allow the USB to be used as a serial console for
debugging/whatever when the PPRZ is running. Basically some utility
functions for debug output and bumping up the LPC2148 peripheral bus
clock speed so the USB stack doesn't die.

* Modifications to OCAML message generation script to enable doubles as
a built in type. BTW thanks to whomever replied to my question about
adding doubles a month or so ago, with your help and an enjoyable first
dip into ocaml I worked this out...

* Some code to drive an MCP4822 DAC through the SPI interface. I'm
working with a boat and the throttle takes a direct voltage input...

1. Any standards on code formatting, style, testing I should observe?

2. How do I obtain commit access to repository?

In the next month or so I am also writing a driver for the nano IMU from
memsense
[http://www.memsense.com/products/product/moredetails/display.php?product_id=1]
and would like to make that code available.

Thanks,
   Andre