Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid AMD64

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid AMD64
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 13:59:47 +0100

Note that the XML library used in the project (libxml-light-ocaml-dev) is available from the main Ubuntu repository: http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/libxml-light-ocaml-dev

Note that ocamlopt is only used for:
- the "opt" target in sw/lib/ocaml/Makefile to build the libraries
- the "plot" target in sw/logalizer/Makefile
So, if is not available on your platform:
- remove "opt" from the "all" target in sw/lib/ocaml/Makefile
- change the lines to compile plot in sw/logalizer/Makefile (I've just added a comment in this file)
Sorry, automatic configuration will wait for the next release

--Pascal

Gareth Roberts wrote:

Paul, why don't you compile it by hand? If I can compile it for armel...should be even easier because ocamlopt is available on x64. You just need to tweak a couple of makefiles that are i386 gcc specific, which is the usb stack an the radio protocol libs. Can't see any problems, you need to do

-xml-ocaml something, from the source in the wiki

-ivy-c from the ivy website

-ivy-ocaml from same place as xml-o

then cvs checkout pap, and try to make it.

Took me an evening for armel, so should be fairly quick on an x64!

Hope this helps

Gareth R