[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Does the modem interfere with 2G4 radios?

From: Martin P
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Does the modem interfere with 2G4 radios?
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:34:00 +0200

Hello,

yesterday I did some ground testing on the RC flying field. I am the only one
who uses an autopilot. I had warned the other pilots that I use 2G4, just in
case. One guy who was flying a Funjet suddenly shouted that his plane doesn't
react any more, so I quickly disconnected the power supply of my aircraft and
the USB cable of the ground statiion modem. Then he didn't have any more
problems and was able to continue his flight.

I am using 1mw Xbee ZB modems. He flew with Futaba FASST.

He is not 100% positive that actually there was an interference, it all went
very quickly. He took off while my modems were powered on. My ground station
was behind the safety fence (metal), the plane was parked on the actual flying
field. To me it looks as if an interference occurred when his plane came in
unobstructed line of sight to my ground station. It has been in unobstructed
line of sight to my to my plane all the time.

My ground station modem is configured as coordinator, the other one is
configured as end device. In the plane I use a Nintendo antenna for the modem.

What did you experience?
Greetz, Martin