Re: [Paparazzi-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Re: Does the modem i?= nterfere wi

From: martin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Re: Does the modem i?= nterfere with 2G4 rad =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ios??=
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:57:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

guess things are getting a little more complex with 2.4GHz. It will
never be like having the safe feeling of having your frequencies clip on
your antenna.

We did a test with seventeen "various brands" 2.4GHz aircrafts and a
XBee Series 1 controlled Paparazzi operated at the same time. There was
no issue for anyone, no packet loss - but this does not prove anything.

Martin

Am 13.07.2009 um  Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday I did some ground testing on the RC flying field. I am the
only one
> who uses an autopilot. I had warned the other pilots that I use 2G4,
just in
> case. One guy who was flying a Funjet suddenly shouted that his plane
doesn't
> react any more, so I quickly disconnected the power supply of my
aircraft and
> the USB cable of the ground statiion modem. Then he didn't have any
more
> problems and was able to continue his flight.
>
> I am using 1mw Xbee ZB modems. He flew with Futaba FASST.
>
> He is not 100% positive that actually there was an interference, it
all went
> very quickly. He took off while my modems were powered on. My ground
station was
> behind the safety fence (metal), the plane was parked on the actual
flying
> field. To me it looks as if an interference occurred when his plane
came in
> unobstructed line of sight to my ground station. It has been in
unobstructed
> line of sight to my to my plane all the time.
>
> My ground station modem is configured as coordinator, the other one is
> configured as end device. In the plane I use a Nintendo antenna for
the modem.

> What did you experience?
> Greetz, Martin

> From:  chris
> Subject:  [Paparazzi-devel] Does the modem interfere with 2G4 radios?
(Martin
> P) answer from Chris Efstathiou
> Date:  Sat, 07 Mar 2009 19:54:22 +0200
>
> Hi.
> I have recently equipped my Multiplex profi 4000 with the ACT S3D dual
FHSS