[Paparazzi-devel] 2.4GHz FASST 7 channel receiver

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] 2.4GHz FASST 7 channel receiver
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 13:26:45 +0200

Dear list,

I hope I do not offend the guys that sell the nice PPM encoder boards but I just wanted to mention that the Robbe/Futaba 2.4GHz 7channel receiver for some reason unexpectedly DOES HAVE a PPM combined pulse pin inside making it directly compatible with paparazzi with no extras at all.

The receiver has 5 higher speed channels and 2 extra servos. The first 5 channels are sent in a combined pulse from the futaba decoder chip to a demultiplexer before going to the servos. This signal fits directly into the tiny providing 5 channels at 62Hz. Perfect!

I could not find this in any mailing list so I thought I would just post it here.

Christophe

PS: the 14 channel FASST Futaba receiver has all servos connected directly to the futaba chip and has no combined pulse anywhere -> use a PPM encoder.
PS2: do not forget to program the fail-safe setting of the MODE channel to AUTO2 or connect the red LED to an IO port of the Tiny