Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to "Problems with USB Programmer (David Cong

From: David Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to "Problems with USB Programmer (David Conger)"
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:49:54 +0300

David,

Most likely problem is that the 5V bus is shorted to the 3.3V bus. I'd recommend grabbing a magnifying glass and see if you can find any obvious shorts.

Another possibility is a ground loop. Make sure the 3.3V regulator is properly grounded.

Besides those, I would be out of ideas.

Buzz

David Conger wrote:
Hello Chris,
Thank you for the information. I am unable to check the PCB track unless there is a very easy way to manually check.
I tried replacing the 3.3v regulator but still I get 5v at the 3.3v end.
I'm wondering if maybe 5v comes backwards to the 3.3v end of the 3.3v regulator somehow via short?
-David