Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connecting the xsens IMU to the Tiny

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connecting the xsens IMU to the Tiny
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:52:28 +0200

Hi,

Andreas Gaeb a écrit :
Hi Gautier,

Gautier Hattenberger schrieb:
If you want to use it anyway, activate the modules with the flag
-DUSE_MODULES and load the module with :
<modules>
 <load name="ins_xsens.xml"/>
</modules>
(if you have an MTiG on uart0 at 115200, try ins_xsens_MTiG_Uart0.xml)
I have not fully tested that, so please report if you have bugs.
I tried it this way, and it seems to work basically. However, to avoid
again getting stuck directly after flashing, I had to move the call to
modules_init() further upward in init_ap(), at least before the
spi_init(). I still don't understand this behaviour completely, as the
timespan between turning power on and actually uploading seems to have
an effect as well. Could be about the Xsens's WakeUpAck message, but I
don't see this being sent anywhere.
When I was using this code, the ins init was before spi init, but I don't see why it whould change something.
Some things I found in ins_xsens_MTiG_Uart0.xml on the way:
* gps_xsens.c (which could possibly be moved to modules/ins/), gps.c and
latlong.c have to be added to the sources as well
Yes. But I haven't gps_xsens.c in modules/ins because I'm not sure it is the right place (it could be in a gps module).
* UART0_BAUD must be B115200, not 115200
corrected
* period for the periodic task must be at least 0.017
It is now also possible to define the frequency (here freq="60"). And if you don't give freq or period, it will use the maximum (so the frequency of the main periodic loop).
Regards,
        Andreas

Gautier