[Paparazzi-devel] Current sensor

From: Timo Drick
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Current sensor
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:34:34 +0200

Hi everybody,

i am new to paparazzi and finally was able to get my twinstar flying with gps and all the autopilot stuff. I am very pleased with the system.

Now i was able to connect a current sensor with one of the example airframe configuration and get this working and used for energy consumption measurement. I would like to display the actual current consumption of the plain at the GCS so i added the current to the BAT messages. Ok theoretically we can calculate the current consumption on the difference between energy messages and the time but i do not know how to implement this in the system any suggestions? Or i would propose to add the current to the BAT message in the SVN. If no current sensor is available the system returns the calculated current cosumption based on the throttle.

I didn't find documentation for the integration of a current sensor on the wikipages. I will add the information but i am not sure to make a new page or should i just add the information to the airframe configuration wikipage at the BAT section.

regards Timo