Re: [Paparazzi-devel] How does throttle management work?

From: Vassilis V.
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] How does throttle management work?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:18:09 -0400

Maik,

I had the same problem with my setup, it would fly perfectly on calm days but on windy days it would just not apply enough throttle. I was able to force the throttle up by adjusting the nominal, min and max throttle parameters and it did work (but it would not hold the value I specified). Have a look at the code.

I recently released drivers for using the EagleTree airspeed module and it works great. You can specify a target groundspeed and airspeed and it manages the throttle to achieve it. Look at the easystar2 airframe for details, some more information is also available on vrhome.net/vassilis

I am working on a few improvements but what is currrently in SVN should work.

Vassilis