[Paparazzi-devel] Problem in simulation with "Cam footprint" on pan axes

From: Philippe Volivert
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem in simulation with "Cam footprint" on pan axes
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:45:20 +0200

Hello everybody,
I have a problem with simulation mode (I don't yet try it in flight) with
the representation of "Cam footprint" on the GCS screen : it's symmetrical
opposed to the position on the target on the pan axes.
I maked a flight plan with oval between 2 waypoints (W1 and W2) and I have a
"cam_target" waypoint between waypoint W1 and W2 (on the same line) : when
the plane flies on the line between W1 and W2, it's OK the "Cam footprint"
is aligned on "cam_target" waypoint.
But when the plane turns to the right and flies on a parallel line (at 50m)
from W1 and W2 line, the "Cam footprint is under a virtual point exactly at
the symmetrical and opposite side from "cam_target" waypoint (the
"cam_target" is on the right but the "Cam footprint" is on the left).

Is anyone who had used the cam function pan and tilt has an idea how to
resolve of this problem ?
Thanks,
Phil