[Paparazzi-devel] Schottky diode

From: Adrian Lauf
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Schottky diode
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 17:12:49 -0500

Hi all,

While attempting to remove the voltage regulator board (I suppose on what is considered the "bottom" side), I picked off the tiny 1PS79SB10 Schottky diode. I didn't just pick it off, it seemed to disintegrate. There seems to be one on the top side, and one on the bottom side. How necessary is this piece? I can see that to power the GPS, it is needed, but did I break the power circuit, or the GPS reset diode? Does anyone know where I can order these in the US? Sorry for the multiple e-mails. I removed the Vreg board and went with an external 8A regulator, but unfortunately this little diode was a casualty. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
-Adrian