Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FTDI 5V 232-TTL cable? Netbook shutting off to pr

From: Michel GORRAZ
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FTDI 5V 232-TTL cable? Netbook shutting off to protect itself?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 07:42:10 +0100

Hello Adrian,

1) Did you supply the Tiny in the same time ? (with a battery or external power supply ?) If yes, do not connect the orange 5V PPZ cable to the RED 5V cable on the FTDI (Tiny and netbook USB 5V conflict)
2) PPZ TX line (SERIAL header pin #8, "Blue") must be connected on FTDI RX line (Yellow)
3) PPZ RX line (SERIAL header pin #7, "Green") must be connected on FTDI TX line (Orange)
4) A 5V FTDI cable is not a good choice. LPC's digital inputs supposed to be 5V tolerant, but....

@+
Michel