[Paparazzi-devel] Questions about IMUs from PPZUAV and diydrones.com

From: Maik Höpfel
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Questions about IMUs from PPZUAV and diydrones.com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:12:03 +0100

Good morning everyone,

diydrones just released their new IMU
(http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/arduimu-v2-flat-now-available)
for $129, and it contains an ATMega to run the whole filtering stuff
on it. So if I'm not mistaken, one could power that thing, take the
output and use it for Paparazzi with only a little bit of work. I am
really really looking forward to having an IMU, so what do you know
about this one compared to the one that David Conger is soon to
release? Any ideas on performance? Easy of integration? Cost? David,
do you have a rough estimate when we can buy an easy-to-integrate
working solution? I know that you're working hard on it, I just want
to know if I should get my hopes up that it'll be here before
Christmas ;)

Regards,
Maik