Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Any way to launch *WITHOUT* GCS?

From: David Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Any way to launch *WITHOUT* GCS?
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:00:35 +0000

I believe you can set conditions, such that when ground speed > X m/s, it will unset the kill_throttle variable (<set value="0" var="kill_throttle"/>) and deroute to a different block. This would allow you to "activate" the throttle by running with it, or just taking off in manual. I did a quick search for examples in the flight plans, but couldn't find anything. Or you could just take out the part of the flight plan that is setting the kill_throttle variable. But make sure you keep safety in mind. You don't know how much you love your fingers until one of them gets chopped off.

Buzz

address@hidden wrote:
Hi Adrian,

when I had to fly without link (blew the USB-adapter...), I built a direct serial connection cable and plugged it into the port normally used for the XBee. You have to use transparent mode, of course. Then I could check in the GCS that the system was running and was able to activate the desired flight plan.
Then I unplugged, launched manually and activated Auto2 in the Air.

There should be ways to activate launch and flight plans by buttons or by RC. Perhaps some hints in the code...
Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------