[Paparazzi-devel] reply to:distance measurement for landing. (gisela.noc

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] reply to:distance measurement for landing. (gisela.noci)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:41:13 +0200

Hi.
This is what i have done also.
I descend in to the wind with 5 degrees down attitude which translates to about 2m/s and when/if the ultrasonic range finder finds out that we are within the sonar's range AND the readings are good enough AND the sonar is enabled from the flight plan THEN the flight plan reduces the descent rate to 1m/s and below 1m it holds a level attitude with the throttle cut.
Only testing will show if the sonar is up to the job.
I will also try the Senscomp's sensor with uses 12W of power and its range is up to 10m according to the Senscomp site.
http://www.active-robots.com/products/sensors/sensors-senscomp.shtml
The Senscomp site says that it uses 2A at 6v during transmit and the transducer works with 400V !!!
What do you think about it, any experience?
Chris