Re: [Paparazzi-devel] VirtualBox Image Available

From: Maik Höpfel
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] VirtualBox Image Available
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:28:51 +0200

Hello,

I can't really recommend doing that. I've not run a virtual machine
from a flash drive, but I've installed Ubuntu onto one and booted from
that if I wanted my Paparazzi environment. The frequent writes kill
the drive rather quickly, lasted about three weeks. I don't think it
would be different if you were to put the .vdi file on the flash
drive.
OTOH, why don't you just put the .vdi file on your hard disk? The
beauty of the VM is that everything is contained within that one file.

Regards,
Maik