Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi airplane orientation

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi airplane orientation
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 07:51:05 +0200

Hi Brian,

I just had a quick question: how do you determine which way the plane is facing based on Paparazzi? Say our plane is flying in a circular path. Is there a certain telemetry parameter that tells us the angle it makes with the horizontal, or something similar to that?

for IR-conmtrolled planes the GPS receiver is used for the direction. You can find it in the "course" of the "GPS" message. As GPS needs motion to get the direction the plane has to move.

Martin