[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 84, Issue 10

From: Kurtis Kraemer
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 84, Issue 10
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:56:23 -0500

Hi Chris, thanks for your response.

I am pretty sure I have the same controller: http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1350
I simply have it plugged in via USB, with an additional 5v source to power the servos.
When I first tried using the Maestro Control Center, it was set to "automatically detect baud rate" or something like that, and a pop-up window told me that the servos would not respond until this setting was changed.
I changed this to use a specific baud rate (9600) under one of the tabs and the servos worked. Upon closing the program, it gave me a warning that the settings were not saved to the controller. Perhaps this is the issue?
I clicked "Save settings..." and it saves a settings file to my computer, but still gives me the warning upon exiting the program. I'll have to take a closer look at the Maestro documentation I guess.

Kurtis