[Paparazzi-devel] joystick begginings

From: Paul Cox
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] joystick begginings
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:45:15 +0100

You don't mention running input2ivy. Did you run this as explained in directions?

Paul

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:21:04 +0100
From: "GARCIA ALVAREZ, ANA" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>

I am trying these days using a joystick with paparazzi, but don't know
exactly what can I do with the current software, these are the steps
I've taken up-to-now:

First of all, and following Paul Cox notes I have connected my simulator
radio to the computer and launched the joystick test program from
sw/ground_segment/joystick. It has output info like the provided by Paul
(axis, buttons and a name of the usb device).

Then, I have modified the .xml file in the same path in order to
accomplish with the number of buttons and axis I had. (I had an error
related to the path where it was looking for the messages.xml file, but
could link the wrong path(for me, provided that I have installed
paparazzi in the home folder) to the right one. Then, I had a message in
the terminal telling that the device was ok and a broadcasting address.

I have verified the datalink message set actuators had the label
forwarded.

Finally, I have launched the iviprobe, but apart from a READY, I have
had no more messages in the terminal. Executing enter again, it said
no-peer.

I supposed Paul used the joystick with the target: setup_actuators, and
tried to compile and upload it(in a tiny and a twog), launching session
and so on, with the subsystem joystick defined in the airframe file, as
well as the target setup_actuators, and the settings file
setup_actuators...but of course I had no idea what this target is used
for, and with iviprobe I could see a lot of messages, but not the one
called set actuators.

Any guideline? Has the joystick been used with the target sim or ap?
Have I missed some configuration step? I have read something related to
a flight plan with a joystick block, and I have seen something related
to using the joystick with the booz, I have also seen there is a message
called raw_joystick...but can't find out how all these things could
patch all together, so any info would be really apreciated.

Thanks

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Message: 4