Re: [Paparazzi-devel] joystick question

From: James Peverill
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] joystick question
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 22:05:13 -0400

Stay on with Digi, Chris. We had similar problems with the Xbee Pro 900s. Turns out there was some type of firmware bug which caused large latencies when the modems were operated in broadcast mode with certain types of traffic (joystick did it). Digi eventually sent us an updated firmware which added a "multihop limit" parameter which fixed the problem. Digi actually responded very quickly to us and were very helpful. I believe I used their chat support.

If you want to test if it is the same problem... set your two Xtend modems to be sending to each other's address instead of just broadcasting. If the latency disappears it may be a similar issue.

James