[Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"joystick question (James Peverill)" from Chr

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to:"joystick question (James Peverill)" from Chris
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 19:18:43 +0300

Well i tried setting their address in such a way that the modems can talk to each other only but the problem continued to be present, but i am not sure if i changed the mask also.
I will repeat the test again tomorrow.
I will also contact digi again, maybe this time i get luckier.
Chris

Stay on with Digi, Chris.  We had similar problems with the Xbee Pro
900s.  Turns out there was some type of firmware bug which caused large
latencies when the modems were operated in broadcast mode with certain
types of traffic (joystick did it).  Digi eventually sent us an updated
firmware which added a "multihop limit" parameter which fixed the
problem.  Digi actually responded very quickly to us and were very
helpful.  I believe I used their chat support.

If you want to test if it is the same problem... set your two Xtend
modems to be sending to each other's address instead of just
broadcasting.  If the latency disappears it may be a similar issue.