Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Preventing Servos from Cycling at Boot

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Preventing Servos from Cycling at Boot
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 01:35:50 +0200

I mean, as a bad workaround, you can always use one of the hard coded
cases or add yet another hard coded case in servos_4017_hw.c.

But I think we should rather discuss and specify how we want the
autopilot to behave in this case and then make all actuators implement
this behaviour. Wouldn't actuator be a nice candidate for the next
fixedwing/rotorcraft merger ?

Another feature that would be nice to finish adding during this merger
is the option to use several groups of actuators ( think rotorcraft
using I2C or CAN motor controllers + servos for a gimbal camera) or
big vehicle having several CAN servo drivers ( one lisa/M in each wing
and one in the tail ? ). The code generation is already mostly there.
When we stopped working on this feature we were thinking about how to
solve the "different groups want different refresh rate" issue. We had
settled for every group gets refreshed at max rate and groups who want
slower refresh will just prescale values.

Poine