Re: [Paparazzi-devel] On Screen Display (Reto Buettner)

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] On Screen Display (Reto Buettner)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 08:15:31 +1000

I agree, a failsafe/MUX won't necessarily improve security, it's main
function is to comply with rules that require a flight termination
system that's independent from the autopilot. I don't know of any
legal rules like that in my jurisdiction, but it's certainly a rule
for the OBC, and googling "range safety plan" finds other situations
where it's a requirement too.

Chris Gough