[Paparazzi-devel] Reply to"On Screen Display (Chris Gough)

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to"On Screen Display (Chris Gough)
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:16:38 +0300

I can guarantee :-) that if you separate the wing from the plane, everything will fall right underneath the separation area even if the wind is more than 10m/s and the
wing-fuselage separation altitude is more than 500m.
I have done it (by accident of course) and i found the pieces (the wing was a little further)
right below the wing-fuselage separation coordinates.
You could also use a parachute  that's what i use.
In giant scale models they almost exclusively use dual servos for each surface. One variation of this method uses split elevator and aileron surfaces, each one driven by it's own servo (imagine cutting say the right aileron in half and driving each half with a servo). One half is driven by one receiver and the other from a second independent rx.
Chris