Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to"On Screen Display (Reto Buettner)(Rui Cos

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to"On Screen Display (Reto Buettner)(Rui Costa)"
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:29:00 +0200

The newest Penguin UAV airframe has four rudder surfaces on its inverted
v-tail. That configuration should be able to handle any servo failure.

But in general I agree very much to Marks recommendation of simplicity. To all
my experience it is a lot safer to keep the UAV simple, robust, well tested,
well operated and well maintained. Mostly you detoriate your systems
reliability by adding additional "safety" devices.

Cheers, Reto