[Paparazzi-devel] Motor Question

From: Joseph Wagster
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Motor Question
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 11:46:12 -0700

Hello,

  Today my team and I tried to do an engine test of our quadrotor project.  We do have telemetry messages coming in, however. When we powered everything together the engines did not initialize as they normally do.  We tried switching our three way switches to each position and still had no response.  We still do not have the gps plugged into the board as our antenna does not come in until tomorrow.  We noticed this message on the ground station after connection is established.

Warning: launch not setable from GCS strip (i.e. not listed in the xml settings file)Warning: nav_shift not setable from GCS strModem hangup. Exiting

  It does make sense to us that we may not be able to control the craft through the ground station without gps lock, however we are wondering if the engines should at least be initializing (no beep, no spool with radio throttle).  Also we were wondering if rotorcraft need a flight plan.  We tried using the basic flight plan, however it is not capable with the BOOZ2_A7 vehicle.  We are using a modified version of this as we are using mkk instead of aztec controllers.

Do we need gps to start the engines/does the craft have to launch for the engines to initailize?

Do we need a flight plan, and if so what characteristics should it entail?

Thank you,
Joseph Wagster