[Paparazzi-devel] Proper Settings for Quadrotor

From: Joseph Wagster
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Proper Settings for Quadrotor
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:19:31 -0700

Linux Dist: Mavrick 10.10
Board: Lisa/L v1.1
ESC: mkk
imu: booz2 v1.1
modem: xbee
radio: JR 12X with jr spectrum module (2.4 ghz)

Hello,

 We am experiencing problems launching our quadrotor through the ground station and getting our radio to control the motors.  Using the BOOZ2_A7 aircraft file we have switched the firmware to read lisa/l v1.1 instaead of 1.0 wherever listed.  We have also changed the actuators to mkk.  The speed controls are plugged into servo channels 1,2,3, and 4.  We do have telemetry coming to the ground station, but it tells us that the motors are turned off and the aircraft is on the ground.  The power and radio on buttons make no difference when pushed.  We have the secondary reciever plugged into ADC as shown on the wiki, however following the instructions on the wiki for radios and recievers we must declare where the second reciever is.  I tried to change UART5 to ADC as the lisa v1.1 does not have a UART5.  However this did not build properly and I assume I have incorrect syntax.  I have attached our aircraft xml file (note it is modified from the original with the same name).  Also should we be using the radio file that is default for the BOOZ2_A7 A/C or should we be using the radios/spectrum.xml radio file?

In addition we get this message upon GCS startup,

Warning: launch not setable from GCS strip (i.e. not listed in the xml settings file)Warning: nav_shift not setable from GCS strBroadcasting on network 127.255.255.255, port 2010

We have tried to look at basic.xml settings file and take the part under mode that specifies "launch", however it gives us this error message.,

/home/joey/paparazzi/var/BOOZ2_A7/generated/settings.h:115: error: 'launch' undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/joey/paparazzi/var/BOOZ2_A7/generated/settings.h:115: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/home/joey/paparazzi/var/BOOZ2_A7/generated/settings.h:115: error: for each function it appears in.)
firmwares/rotorcraft/main.c: In function 'main_periodic':
firmwares/rotorcraft/main.c:144: error: 'launch' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [/home/joey/paparazzi/var/BOOZ2_A7/ap/firmwares/rotorcraft/main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/joey/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
make: *** [ap.compile] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/joey/paparazzi'

Thanks,

Joseph Wagster