Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GCS and friends via google chrome?

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GCS and friends via google chrome?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 07:47:42 +1000

2 issues have come up so far, and I'm not up to GUI/Library issues yet.

* you have to either serve the plugin from localhost, or recompile the
NaCL with your host added to the whitelist. They talk about changing
this feature in the future, but they also talk about a google app
store...

* no direct network access from NaCL (also promised). Currently the
only way a plugin can interact with the outside world is via the API
to javascript. So tho solution would need to pick up ivy via a
javascript.

Both of these may yield to just waiting, or can be worked arround. But
I'm not so sure NaCL offers anything over the existing ports anymore -
I'll keep looking at it but it but it seems to me like a way to
distribute computationaly intensive tasks to clients, rather than (at
this stage) make existing GUI applications cross-platform.

Chris Gough