Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Changing the main loop frequency on the Tiny

From: Andreas Gaeb
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Changing the main loop frequency on the Tiny
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:32:12 +0200

Hello,

sorry for replying late, there was a lot of other things to do last week. Besides, the GPS reset wire on my connector was broken, so the Tiny GPS interfered with the Xsens, which didn't make code debugging easier...

I've now resorted to calling my functions sequentially from the Xsens event task. That way the PID stuff is decoupled from the rest and runs at the Xsens update rate, while attitude and control are untouched.

As to the differentiation of the Xsens rates, I use the UTC timestamp which contains a nanoseconds field, which seems to be accurate at least to a tenth of a millisecond. So I don't need to rely on a serial protocol receive time for the differentiation. Ground test results look quite good now.

Thanks for the help so far, hopefully I'll get to fly this afternoon.

Best regards,
        Andreas