[Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Satellite only 1 packet received on stm32 bas

From: Andre Devitt
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Satellite only 1 packet received on stm32 based autopilot
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 14:12:46 -0400

Hi all-
   I have a quick question on the spektrum satellite code on an STM32
ap similiar to Lisa/M.

The sympton I am experiencing is as follows:
   When I turn a bound transmitter on the autopilot receives a single
(correct) data packet from the spektrum satellite and then loses
connection. My guess is that this has something to do with a sync
issue. If I inspect the received RC values in the messages window they
are correct. Moving sticks after the first packet is received does not
change values, and RC status goes imeediately to LOST and then NONE
after 1st packet received.

  If I turn the transmitter off and then back on again I will get
another packet received with correct values, etc so I do not believe
it is a problem with interrupt not firing. Has anyone experienced this
behavior before? I saw something similar in archives with low battery
voltage but it seemed that issue was about how the satellite was
bound. I used the bind procedure for binding from the autopilot (also
tried binding from master receiver, same result). Have experienced
same behavior with Spektrum DX7 and JR XP9503.

  I'm about to bust out the debug tools and see whats going on inside
but figured I'd ask first if someone has experienced this before and
can save me some time :)

My setup is this:
   custom STM32 based autopilot similar to Lisa/M.
   Spektrum satellite hooked up to UART2 RX.
   I have disabled PWM actuator timer control on specific channel, and
configured the spektrum satellite code to use this UART set right
GPIO, RCC configs etc...

Thanks,
   Andre.