[Paparazzi-devel] Pan-Tilt Camera Code

From: Luke Ionno
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Pan-Tilt Camera Code
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:55:17 -0500

I’m looking through the pan-tilt source code, and while I think I see how the routine works, I had a couple questions, before I try to use it…

First, in XY_TARGET mode, does the user freely point the gimbal, which continuously attempts to estimate the coordinates of the “target” waypoint on the ground (which can then be locked in as the point to be tracked) or is the gimbal simply aiming at a target waypoint, that can moved along the ground using the RC sticks, similar to an XYZ block in the flight-plan?  From what I can see in the code, a third channel is required to “lock” the aim-point, so I’m guessing it’s the first case.

Second, can a (PC) joystick be used to control the camera gimbal, without major code rework?  I’m short on RC channels (primary flight controls + two gimbal channels + “lock-on-point” channel, in XY_TARGET mode), so being able to put payload management on a separate controller would be handy.

Lastly, is it possible to switch between modes from the main GCS screen (or even better, by the above-mentioned joystick)?  I see it can be done under Settings, but that can be a little cumbersome during a mission…  I’m guessing a “SET” block could allow keyboard assignments, but that would require leaving the current flight-plan block to switch camera modes.

Thanks!

Regards,

~Luke