Re: [Paparazzi-devel] u-blox flashing with floss jtag

From: Bruzzlee
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] u-blox flashing with floss jtag
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 01:25:13 +0100

It's definitive: My RX port of the GPS is broken.
Has someone done the "GS407 USB hack"? I've read that It's possible to connect an USB cable directly to the u-blox chip. But I have to free the USB_VCC from the ground. The connection between USB_VCC and GND is somewhere on the GS407 board, but where? ;-)

If I'm able to configure the GPS through the usb port the GPS will be fully usable. I don't think the autopilot needs to send something to the GPS. (Maybe Warmstart and Coldstart - but who needs this? ;-)) Bruzzlee