Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Strange Servo Deflection Problem

From: Andre Devitt
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Strange Servo Deflection Problem
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:50:19 -0500

Can you try running the autopilot (prop off) on the plane and looking
at the following values.

First, in the GCS go to the settings tab and find the TELE_FBW_MODE
radio button. It will probably be o  0, change it to 1 and then open
up the Messages window. (In paparazzi center, tools->messages)

Next, in the GCS verify that you are in manual mode. (bottom left of
the GCS, should say
 Manual, Auto1 or Auto2, or Home).

Now open the messages window and look at the Commands window. This is
an array of values range [-9600 to 9600]. The order should be
throttle, roll, pitch, yaw. Verify with your tx sticks changes these
values in the proper direction and go to (at least close to) full
travel. That is, full pitch should read +9600 in the third element of
array, full negative pitch should read about -9600  in that same
element.

Once you've verified that all commands are correct, you can check the
actuators message. These are the pulse widths being sent to the servos
(approx 1000-2000ms for all your servos from looking at airframe,
tends to be the standard). Verify that these actuator values are
changing as you would expect them to and see if they hit any limits
when going to positive pitch.

These steps should help you isolate whether your problem is in the
intermediate commands paparazzi generates or the commands sent to
servos.

Another thing to check is the RC values (actually should probably
check this first). After setting the TELETRY_FBW_MODE to 1 as I said
at the top of the post you should  see a message called "RC". This
message has the RC values coming from the TX to paparazzi. Take a look
at them and make sure they make sense in terms of sign and magnitude
in the same way as the commands section.

Andre.