[Paparazzi-devel] Preparation for an intermediate v4.2 feature release

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Preparation for an intermediate v4.2 feature release
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:28:05 +0200

Hi all,

As it was proposed/discussed several times already, we will make another intermediate v4.2 release based on the stable v4.0 codebase with some additional features.

While the development branch (master) basically already has most of this,
it will still take a while before we can make a new release based on it since it has a lot of _major_ changes and still needs more work.

As per our branching and release policy a new release preparation branch normally branches of from master. But in this case we'll make an exception ;-)
The v4.1 preparation branch will be release with an even minor number as v4.2 when ready as usual.

However:
This might be a bit confusing, because master was tagged as v4.1_unstable a while ago to get nice version reporting.
We will probably tag master again with a higher number to get sensible version reports..
Maybe we should release master with all the libopencm3, state interface, etc... changes as v5.0 anyway?

The v4.1 branch already contains:
Needs some more work first:
See the milestone:
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues?milestone=4

Cheers, your friendly neighborhood Paparazzi team