Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA connection?

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA connection?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 20:24:52 +0200

We use most fixedwing xbee's without any setting change. Just use telemetry xbee-api at 9600 and all unconfigured xbee's always work out of the box (factory default: warning not all vendors sell factory default. Farnell and digi do but e.g. DIY store does not).

For rotorcraft we quickly plug them into the gcs modem and change the baudrate. If like me you do not have xctu in Linux then use any terminal. Open at 9600 /dev/ttyUSB0 and type +++ and wait a second. If you see OK then type ATBD6 enter and ATWR enter (BD=baud 6=57600 and WR=write/store). Unplug and ready. You can also ask/change the ID and PL=powerlevel with ATID and ATPL.

I'll try to make an auto-baudrate detection like in the gps-ucenter module so they always work out of the box whatever their config. You can already pass several arguments yo the xbee on startup but to change the baudrate via the firmware you must upload 2x first with tje old and then tje new baudrate. Please be patient unless you feel like helping ;-)