Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Is that good behavior to make Chinese wiki page on

From: Hawk Wang
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Is that good behavior to make Chinese wiki page on the official wiki site?
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:08:57 +0800

Hi Felix,

I agree with you that the translation pages should also be maintained to keep them useful, and I am glad to do it. And I think a real human being can do much better than google translate, especially for English <-> Chinese :)

It is better to get some notification if there is any change of the original page so I can update the Chinese version page in time.

Anyway, it will be better that if our wiki looks like the one in Wikipedia and different language versions can be check from the left side of the page.

Cheers
Hawk Wang

translations are nice, but they have to be maintained to be useful....
I have no clue how good/useful e.g. a google translate of the english page would be in comparison.
For only a few main pages, links like you made are ok IMHO.
It might indeed make sense to make translation easier, e.g. using the translate extension. But I don't have any experience with this and also currently don't have the time to set it up...

@Gautier, Pior, all, what do you guys think?

Cheers, Felix