[Paparazzi-devel] Problem with FTDI ground station

From: Nicolas Quendez
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem with FTDI ground station
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:52:20 -0300

Hi everybody,

I just begin to manipulate Paparazzi hardware and software.

For now :
- I succeed in working with flight plan simulation
- I succeed in uploading software into my Lisa M AP
- I succeed into programming my Xbee modules with XCTU (windows) with the PPZUAV FDTI utility board.

BUT :
when I plug the FTDI board with xbee module (coordinator) by USB on my ubuntu computer, I have the following error when starting a session :
Failure("Error opening modem serial device : fd < 0 (/dev/ttyUSB0) ») :

RUN '/home/nicolas/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -transport xbee -s 57600'
Failure("Error opening modem serial device : fd < 0 (/dev/ttyUSB0)")
Broadcasting on network 127.255.255.255, port 2010
 Read Socket : Connection reset by peer
FAILED '/home/nicolas/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link' with code 1

I have checked with dmesg that /dev/ttyUSB0 seems to be the good place for the board.
I have added the current user  to the modems group as explained in the FAQ (http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/FAQ).
I made the xbee module set as coordinator, with baud rate set to 57000
My Xbee is a 868 LP 80 K modem.

On the PPZUAV FTDI board the red led is ON.
The green led is ON (but not flashing).

Have you any idea of my mistake, or configuration that I did not do ? Are there some drivers to install for the FTDI board, or a configuration to put into the xml files ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Nicolas

Hardware :